Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude what do you mean stop being so negative. Video corruption is a serious issue! Im not going to give a glowing recommendation to something thats has a problem, how illogical of me. Have you got a source for your figures or you just making it up? So what are you saying to the guy.. "buy something that might not work properly?" Im passing my experience on to others.. this is my experience with this motherboard along with 1000's of others experience too. Personally i dont like to run the gaunlet when purchasing a product. Will it be a good one or a bad one. If i knew before hand i would of never bought this board! Stick to something realiable. Until theres a solid fix this is what im gonna say about this motherboard, if you dont like it tough.

You quite perspective arent you. GX2 is the simple answer or even one 280 GTX will be enough. New Tech on the way not worth getting sli right now. Btw mate lose the attitude you wont get anywhere in life with it. :)

Theres always new tech coming, you've got to jump onboard at some point otherwise all your ever going to do is play a waiting game.

I didn't lose my temper in that post btw, I'm just saying, yeah, it sucks that a part isn't working properly, but rma it and move on.

Also I don't think I've seen you recommend any other parts to the op instead of whats already been recommended. Instead of ranting about what a terrible board it is, maybe you should spend that time helping the guy.

1. Why are you skimping on the case?

2. Get MX-2 or TX-2 Thermal Paste

3. What cpu?

4. What cpu heatsink?

5. Why do you need a fax modem?

6. Get the 9600gt's

7. Wheres the power supply?

1.what do you mean when you say skimping on the case? Would you reccomend a different case? If so, link me

2.Once again, can you link me?

3. C2Q G6700

4.ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120. Is this a good one?

5.Don't really need it but just incase.

6.Why should i get this one over the 9800GTX? Betteroverclocking or just better overall?

7.I'm getting the Corsair 750TX PSU

Heres what I've come up with:

Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
x3 ^^^^
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors
Newegg.com - OCZ ReaperX HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease
Newegg.com - Logitech 967557-0403 Silver/Black 104 Normal Keys 14 Function Keys USB + PS/2 RF Wireless Slim Cordless Desktop S 510 Mouse Included - Keyboards
Newegg.com - Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System - Speakers
Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
x2 ^^^^
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Smilodon Extreme Black ATX-612WEB SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Total will be about $2300 or so.

Also has $140 dollars in rebates.

EDIT: after reading around you may only want to buy two of the 3870 graphics cards as the board only has 2 full pci-e 16x slots.

Heres what I've come up with:

Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
x3 ^^^^
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors
Newegg.com - OCZ ReaperX HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease
Newegg.com - Logitech 967557-0403 Silver/Black 104 Normal Keys 14 Function Keys USB + PS/2 RF Wireless Slim Cordless Desktop S 510 Mouse Included - Keyboards
Newegg.com - Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System - Speakers
Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
x2 ^^^^
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Smilodon Extreme Black ATX-612WEB SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Total will be about $2300 or so.

Also has $140 dollars in rebates.

EDIT: after reading around you may only want to buy two of the 3870 graphics cards as the board only has 2 full pci-e 16x slots.

thanks!!
so i should get 3 of those GPU's?

edit: nevermind!!

but, should wait on the GPU's to see these new ones that are supposed to be coming out next month? what do you think the price range will be on these new GPU's by AMD and EVGA?

If you want to your welcome to wait for the new ones to come out. But in all likelihood when they are released you'll be paying an arm and a leg. I'd recommend getting two of the cards I listed for now and when the new cards are a reasonable price then upgrade.

If you want to your welcome to wait for the new ones to come out. But in all likelihood when they are released you'll be paying an arm and a leg. I'd recommend getting two of the cards I listed for now and when the new cards are a reasonable price then upgrade.

alright thanks. but i see this motherboard doesnt support DDR3, should i worry about that right now or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom