problems installing xp on new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

frohike

Beta member
hey, this is my first time posting here but i used this site has helped many times in the past without having to sign up. so first thanks for that :D.

so.. when my last pc stopped working (was a mobo problem, game over as far as that board is concerned though lol) i decided to build one from the parts i know that work. basicly i was just putting my HDD and dvdr in an old asus vantage ah1 system. when i try to install windows i get the BSOD at the first reboot in the installation, justt after setup coppies the installation files to the folder. now im trying reformat/reinstalls but no other format has worked.

this is the most recent and common bluescreen i have been getting

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0x93a13C54, 0x00000001, 0x804FD5c0, 0x00000000)

the first time i tried i got the BAD_POOL_CALLER

my options are limited too, im using a laptop at the moment and i have no means of burning a cd off or making a bootable floppy. im on a. err... tight budget too so i can only really buy new components if i know they are going to make a difference. the only thing i can do is run bartsPE, i can see my HDD contents so i guess that the HD isnt faulty. but is there anything i can dig up on there to tell me what went wrong? i know i can post minidumps, but all thats on my HD at the moment is whatever windows got a chance to install before the first reboot.

any help would be great, even if you just have a gut feeling please post it :)

heres a list of my hardware

ram: elixir m2u51264ds88b1g-5t 512mb DDR-400MHz-CL3 (Bios setup tells me 448mb, but i guess the fact that memory shows up is some sign)
dvdr: pillips dvdr1660p1
HDD: maxtor 6Y080L0
cpu: AMD athon 64 3200+ 2000mhz
mobo: asus A8R-mx/dp

thanks, and sorry for the long read :umm:

thanks, i have a friend burning memtest and a bunch more tools that he thinks will help. my ram is compatable with the mobo, and it works fine in other computers.. but i still want to try running memtest just incase.

is there anything like memtest for motherboards, CPU ect? again all these parts seem to be working fine, but i need a log.. problems love hiding :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom