Help me find a 22" widescreen low $200's price range - Good quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blayez

Baseband Member
Just as the title says, I have decided that it's time to upgrade from my regular 19" monitor. I'm looking for the best price:performance deal I can get for a 22" LCD widescreen monitor for gaming. Can anyone find anything good? :)

How does the Acer compare up to Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1 - LCD Monitors

This Samsung is slightly more expensive. I notice the main difference in contrast quality. How big of an affect will this have?

"Contrast Ratio DC 8000:1(1000:1)"
real contrast ratio is 1000:1.
read the section called "dynamic contrast ratio" (DC) Contrast ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To get 8000:1 it changes the backlight strength as the scene changes from light to dark,i dont know of any1 that enables dynamic contrast ratio as its often disorienting to watch.

That looks like a good monitor as well. How big will the visual difference be between the ASUS and the Acer? (also I noticed the ASUS has free shipping)

I never knew that Fat.clown. Thanks for the info. So I'm guessing my best bet is to get some first hand advice of people who have the monitors or perhaps I can see them for myself at bestbuy or a local computer store before I order off of newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom