New Q6600 running VERY hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
What its doing is throttling down. When your PC isnt using many resources, it throttles down to save power blah blah. There is just a setting in BIOS u need to disable. Disabe C1E and EIST in your BIOS. When I overclock (E8400@ 3.6ghz) I just diable ALL CPU features. Good luck!

I understand speedstep and everything. What I don't understand is THREE different readings of my speeds at ONE time.

CPU.jpg

You didn't open them all at the same time.

THus the first one you open will have the slowest speed the second one will have the second highest speed and the last one is probably reading the cpu's native speed.

Holy crap dude. Your vid is only 1.1625. That thing should overclock like a champ if you get a good cooler.

Lol I bought a 40 dollar heatsink that performed poorer than the stock Intel one, I booted up with it and the Bios had the CPU running at 65*!

Thanks for the help though, I'll have to disable those settings in the bios for speedstep.

Holy crap dude. Your vid is only 1.1625. That thing should overclock like a champ if you get a good cooler.

That's the VID when the chip multi is 6x with speedstep.

When I had my quad I made the same mistake and started freaking out with joy, til the cpu saw load and the VID went up to 1.275 lol. Still clocked like a champ though, 4.05ghz benchable and 3.86ghz stable.

I'm guessing that the aftermarket heatsink you bought wasnt mounted right.

There's no way it wasn't...my friend did it and he's done a lot of computers, I watched him. The sink was touching the processor, with a paper thin layer of paste, screwed down tightly. Unless there's a secret way to mount it, I'd say it was mounted correctly. But idk.

What thermal paste did you use?

Define thin layer.

And just because someone has done a lot with computers doesn't always mean he/she did it right.

Oh the stories I could tell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom