P 6860 FX good for Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellevendy

Baseband Member
I'm not very good with all the technical talk when it comes to computers. But I'm looking for a new one.

I want a laptop... but I also want to play Age of Conan and Crysis.

I've read that the P 6860 FX is the best gaming laptop for it's price. And that it can play Crysis on Very High settings. Is this true?

what brand is it what are the specs, we need more specifics then this man, also i see it as imposible for anylaptop to max out crysis, but will run medium for sure.

no. there's no way that it can play crysis on very high. I could believe mid on most settings at playable rates, but not very high.

So we can help you pick out a good laptop what is going to be the primary use of this, as in are you going to use it as a desktop replacement, or are you gonna be carrying it around with you.

well, it's not necessarily to replace my desktop... my desktop computer crapped out a few weeks ago... but it was an eMachine.
i'll be using it for those two games i mentioned and just basic web-surfing. (i already have wi-fi running in my house because i play on xbox live upstairs in my bedroom).
i'll probably be taking it to friends' houses pretty often. and possibly on a trip to visit my sister in a week (if it get it by then).

it's a gateway.
and as far as specs go... i'll just copy and paste some stuff from it's best buy page.

Enhanced Intel® Centrino® processor technology with Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T5550, Intel® PM965 chipset, Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965 network connection (802.11a/b/g/n) and extended battery life capability

4GB PC2-5300 DDR2 memory for multitasking power; 667MHz frontside bus, 2MB L2 cache and 1.83GHz processor speed

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; also supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible Labelflash media

17" WXGA+ TFT-LCD widescreen display with Ultrabright technology and 1440 x 900 resolution

NVIDIA GeForce Go 8800M GTS graphics with up to 512MB discrete GDDR3 video memory; HDMI connection; high-definition audio (2-channel support)

...it ways 9lbs... which is fine with me. it's got 320gb hard drive space. but i already have a 320gb external hard drive.

how much is it? cause thats actually a pretty good setup depending on the price, and could probably play crysis and AOC on decent settings with no fps lag.

$1350

i did a youtube search for "p 6860 fx" and there was this guy who owned it and had some vids of it on high. and i read somewhere (i think in a comment or in another vid or something) that it also worked fairly well on very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom