RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR333/266 Max 3GB, DDR400 Max 2GB
IDE: 2x UltraDMA 133 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 4x PCI, 1x AGP 8X, 1x CNR
Ports: 2xPS2,2xCOM,1xLPT,1xLAN,8xUSB2.0(Rear 4),Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC655 6-Channel Audio CODEC
Onboard LAN: VIA VT6103 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
Onboard SATA/RAID: 2x Serial ATA devices, RAID 0/1
Form Factor: ATX

I have heard alot of crap about ECS, so i would go with chaintec...but if i really had the choice i would go with a Larger name company like abit or asus.

chaintech anyday.
would u like to have a raid drives setup on ur computer major??

no, SATA or RAID is not neccesary for me, I want to be cheap as I'm not a gamer. But if the Mobo's are cheap WITH raid and/or SATA its better ofcourse

you need to make sure you have raid if you want raid hd's or sata for sata hd's (controllers)

raid and sata are 2 different things. your choices are basically sata or ata in which sata is faster and uses a thinner cable which doesnt restrict airflow in your case as much as ide cables do. raid is basically the configuration in which you have your hard drives whether sata or ata they can both be configured in raid arrays. the only raid i know is one case where you use two identical drives and everything is written to both drives as a measure of drive failure backup and the other where you have 2 drives hooked up and data is divided between the two to speed up reading and writing and performance but is more dangerous because since data is split between the 2 if one drive fails youve basically lost everything youve done. this is of course a very elementary and probably wrong explanation but the best i can do.

are there mobo's wich supprt 4 raid disks? 2 wich divide the data, and 2 wich are as backup? (just interested...not buying it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom