Motherboard died and need suggestion for new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your help! Budget really isn't an issue so I just ordered the following:

EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK - Retail

ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail

The PSU is 620W so that should be fine, right? Son will be very happy with this and I am doing my part to keep the economy moving. ;-)

-Laurie

awesome... looks like a great build thats going to keep your son happily gaming for some time... :D

i almost recommended the GTX since the whole 'no budget' thing, but still wasnt sure how much you were reeeally willing to spend... so good call there...

as for the PSU... tough call... im not sure about that specific one, as im not familiar with it atall... and its not really the number of watts that you need to worry about, its the amperage on the 12V rail... but as theres usually some correlation between the two, i would say offhand that you should be fine...
good luck! :) - RK

EDIT: yea i know, trotter... luckylucky... my parents made me work for my comp :( i wish my parents were that nice! haha

I'm getting kind of old for another child, even a "mature" teenager. ;-)

And I will extract my pound of flesh for this splurge. Although, now he also wants Crysis as a good way to "test" out the new rig!

The parts are on their way, and now I know how we will be spending Monday night. Thanks again for all your help.

-Laurie

Gigabyte makes good motherboards, the one I have anyway.

gosh, people really gotta READ threads before posting... *shakes head* haha

I'm getting kind of old for another child, even a "mature" teenager. ;-)

LOL, trotter has kid(s?) of his own to buy computers for! XD

And I will extract my pound of flesh for this splurge. Although, now he also wants Crysis as a good way to "test" out the new rig!

Crysis really is amazing... if you can play it (which now youll definitely be able to :D) it is sooo worth it... one of the most visually stunning games out their right now... its totally worth picking up... i love it, and id recommend it... :)

The parts are on their way, and now I know how we will be spending Monday night. Thanks again for all your help.

great! and you can always post back here if monday rolls around and you have any problems with the assembly... good luck, and again no prob... :) - RK

gosh, people really gotta READ threads before posting... *shakes head* haha

LOL, trotter has kid(s?) of his own to buy computers for! XD

Crysis really is amazing... if you can play it (which now youll definitely be able to :D) it is sooo worth it... one of the most visually stunning games out their right now... its totally worth picking up... i love it, and id recommend it... :)

great! and you can always post back here if monday rolls around and you have any problems with the assembly... good luck, and again no prob... :) - RK

The thread title stated Motherboard died and need suggestion for new one. I was suggesting a new motherboard.:rolleyes:

The thread title stated Motherboard died and need suggestion for new one. I was suggesting a new motherboard.:rolleyes:

hahaha... its cool, i didnt mean to be harsh or anything... just, she already bought the parts, so you were a little late...
just read before you post...
and even then, that was an awfully broad suggestion, but... w/e... no worries... :) - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom