New Ultimate Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I donate my hard earned money to a charity!? If I dont spend it on a computer I'll put it back into my bank and watch the interest gain ready for the next new build!
If any of you guys are familiar with this guy on utube called Maxishine, I want a computer like his.
So can you make some suggestions of changes I would make. Thanks

2 evga 9800GTX = 600 bucks (can step up if needed)
Evga 750i FTW = 190
Q6600 G0 = 200
Corsair 750tx = 130ish (depends on deal going)
4gb OCZ DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 = 90
WD 640gb AAKS = 100 bucks
Vista home premium 64 = 100 bucks
Case of choice = 100-200
Good air cooler = 40-80 depending on choice
--------------------------------------------

This is around 1500 after shipping and any addins, and is effectively -the- strongest rig you can buy at this moment in time.

And before anyone chimes in about Quad SLI or TRI sli, the extra performance is very minimal. I know, i have already had quad sli and it just doesnt scale for crap.

So no watercooling?
Also, can you reccomend a nice spacious stylish case, that has a window, that I can mod/kit out with leds fans etc.

I'm debating on going to the thermaltake armour+ myself. As for watercooling, a good setup that does both video cards is around 4-500 more. Once the new cards come out, i'll probably start looking into watercooling myself.

veedub is correct

watercool is not needed but if u have money to waste on it u can

Q9450 is a 45nm which means it is cooler and better overclocker

I recommend avoiding the Q9450 because its got a lower Multiplier and Lower FSB Hole, so it won't clock as well as the Q6600 plus its pricier

Get a good Cooler thats $200+ otherwise its bound to be crap (or make your own kit)

For advise contact Aspire.Comptech, he's the smartest person here at T.F. about watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom