8800gt sli setup issues.. please help! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Ok, so I got my new rig today, put it all together, installed vista 64 and installed mobo drivers, restarted and installed video, restarted and no startup..

Tried this twice and no go..

x3220
evga 750i FTW
8800gt sli
2x2 corsair xms ddr2 800
pc power and cooling 750w single rail

So I had the sli connector on, and in my hardware devices I see a yellow yeild around 1 of the video card, saying it might not be functioning correctly..

Either way my pc runs fine until I install the video drivers from the cd and once I restart my pc doesn't start back up..

I tried disabling the one with the yellow yeild around it hoping for the best..

I installed drivers with the 1 card and still.. this just isn't working, any help at all would be nice, btw this pc isn't internet ready, I have old school mn-510 wireless base and it uses WEP so ****in A.. I can't connect, there's more money I gotta spend..

Any help would be thrilling, thanks folks!

I tried using only 1 card at a time, still.. I install drivers, restart after, and it shows the startup vista bar, the green lines that move.. then after that the machine just runs with a blank black screen =(

Issue Solved (Not certan if running in SLI yet)

---> Bought 2x 8800gt MSI

The MSI installation for the 8800gt vga drivers causes my vista 64 to restart normally until after the green startup bar, it stalls on a black screen, had to safe mode and uninstall drivers...

Downloaded Nvidia 8800gt vista 64 drivers, installation went well on a single 8800gt.. restarted perfect.. turned back off, powered on the other card, and vista took over, and it's running perfect now.. downloading 3dmark06 to test for SLI performance!

Close thread please!

glad to hear you got it sorted.

In the future, always download the latest drivers from nvidia rather than using the junk ones they send out on the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom