How much are the new cards going to cause the 8800 series to drop in price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blayez

Baseband Member
I am currently running a Nvidia 7900 GTX 512mb card. Works great on most games, but with newcomers such as Age of Conan, its starting to fall behind. I have heard almost EVERYONE recommend an 8800 card (GT, GTS, or GTX - not sure which would be the best buy) as having the best performance for the price. I also am told this card works well with Age of Conan.

The majority of the 8800 cards are now on newegg.com for around 170-200 dollars counting the mail-in rebates. I have never paid alot of attention to what happens when a new card series comes out, and I'm wondering about what I can expect the price to do on these cards. I'd like to pick one up as soon as possible to run with my new 22" widescreen LCD, but with those new cards right around the corner... who knows?

Also I have heard that the price range for the new cards will most likely be $400+ for awhile. :( :freak:

Dude the 9800GTX is about 300$ and its the card everyone is drolling over, including myself. But as far as the 8800's go, they give off way too much heat, and create so much noise. So most people will more then likely pick up a 9600GT instead. While most of the 9800 cards are not too much expensive then the old 8800's. So more then likely, I m predicting that more people will buy 9600's and 9800's rather then the 8800's.

the 8800 series trounces the 9600's... and i think the 8800gts is still the best bang for the buck out there, and the GT is no slouch..

Don't understand this, the 9800GTX is probably the second best in the 9 series. Yet its like 70~80 dollars cheaper then the others. -.- Nvidia is making like 30~40 copies of the same card again. Just like they did with the 8800's, wasn't expecting them to follow the same formula as last time. Guess its best to wait for their line of 9800's to come out first then. At least then you'll know which ones worth the money.

Just checking out rumors of the new ATI 4800 series and it basically looks like it will outperform the 8800's at a cheaper price. Should be interesting, even though they will be released after Nvidias little bad boy the 9900 series. *Jaw drops*

ATI Radeon 4800 Launch Details - Tom's Hardware

4850 $220+, 4870 $330+.

8800GT is already less than 150, 8800GTS is under $200.

I'm picking up a Hd 4870 when it comes out can't wait.

Right now im stuck on either one 8800 GTS or running 2 9600 GT's in SLI, how will price and performance come in to play here? I hear they are both good setups.

I think so too - is anyone running 9600's in SLI atm? What kinda FPS do you get on the newer games @ max settings... Wonder how the almighty Crysis would work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom