Heatsink/fan for 6800 vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have a hybrid 6800 that's on the 6800 Ultra PCB board and this sucker overheats quick, the stock fan spins, but not fast anymore, I tried to feel how fast it was spinning (just out of curiosity) and litterally singed the hair on my hand. Shortly after, my game of Portal was artifacting horribly.

The actual card is a ASUS V9999 Gamer's edition. A plain jane 6800 chip, with the GT's DDR3 memory on a reference 6800 Ultra board.

I threw this into my woman's PC after much deliberation, it was a toss up out of three weaker cards (9200, 6200 and a 5600XT), but I remembered I had the 6800 collecting dust in the basement, so I dug it out, found a suitable PSU (replaced a fan in the PSU first) and tossed it in. The reason the card was in storage basically is that it's given me trouble in the past, and I never thought to check out the fan and heatsink.

Oh, yeah, my question is this, what is a good replacement heatsink/fan for this badboy?

Thanks in advance everyone!

EDIT: Oh, I think I can just replace the fan itself (I can keep my cool blue illumination), how difficult is this to do, and I have no idea what fan will fit, I'm looking on newegg and am completely clueless...

Did you take your big beautiful stock heatsink off? I think I need the length of the stock one to also handle the DDR3 memory too. The Zalman is nice, there are 4 versions of the VF700, but they all look like they'll work, and I have spare thermal paste to spare, so I should be set if that's that...

I don't know what the GS PCB board looks like, but here's the pic of my card..

I really did not want to direct link to the image, I usually host em myself on imageshack, but it's messing up.
ASUSV9999GE_pipe.jpg

Right on, I am picking up two, one for the 6800 and one for my 8600GT just for kicks. I was researching further, and it looks like there's actually a secondary heatsink underneath the main heatsink for the memory (stock on the 6800), so I really don't need the little heatsinks, but it's a cool bonus, maybe I'll need em for my 8600GT.

I used a NV Silencer for my 6800. Still works great after 2+ years of use. Another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom