New Ultimate Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you do, but Forceware's Control Center will still let you enable it even if you don't have an SLI board

actually that is not very good didnt really think about it till u mentioned to reach 3.6 u would need a 450mhz bus and that doesn't happen too much. the q6600 probably the best option for now then.

evga 750i
9800gx2 (gt280 if you choose to wait)(NOT SLI, SLI= WASTE)
seagate 500GB 7200.11
q9450
4gb crucial tracers, corsair xms2
win vista 64-bit
650tx psu
i wouldnt worry about sli its really a big waste. when the computer starts to get outdated your left with 2 mid range cards nobody wants. and u pay 100% extra cash for like 40% more perf.

stick with ddr2 for now. everybody seems to be gettin ocz but i really am not a fan of ocz. I would prefer gskill or crucial or corsair.

the q9450 would be a good alternative to the q6600, in terms of overclocking itll be better than the q6600 offering a smaller die. it seems like its going to be the new budget quad of the 45nm series.

SLI is not a waste if you are using a 24" or 30" monitor. And the new 9 series cards scale around 80-90%. I'm running 9800GTX sli and get close to full 100% scaling in age of conan.

You guys are making me suicidal lol. Well I m going to save up to 1,000$ and wait like a year and a half before I make another build. At least by then I'll be able to get the parts at a pretty decent price....... Yeah I know I m the residential cheap *** gamer : D

Even if you have millions, its still a waste of money and will make no difference.

You could SLi two 9800gx2's, but you won't seem much more performance, and it will dump tons of heat in your case.

My advice- wait for the GT280 and sli two of those :D

For someone advising another not to waste their money, you should not already assume the GT280's to be the better video card.

Especially when advising not to waste money, or over spending you should simply tell people to wait for the new cards and many many reviews comparing ATI and Nvidias top dogs, only then could you tell someone which card is better, and which is over priced. ;)

Just wait for the new cards and everything. There is also gonna be price drops.

Heres an idea. Spend $2000 on a pc and go donate $8000 to a local charity.

Why not spend 3,000$
Then donate Hussein (me) that computer and then make another one : D

That way we can all share in the fruits of the labor. You, me, and the CIA interrogating us because of being suspects for funding terrorist activities.

that is not a well balanced rig. Your never going to need that much power and your ram is a waste. I wouldn't consider buying ddr3 1333.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom