memory error??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonKerz

In Runtime
Okay so i just ordered another gig of ram and I installed it into my system. but when i boot up, before the log in screen starts, a blue screen appears for about half a second and it looks like it is a memory blue screen error then the system restarts. The memory checked out fine in the memory check when the system started. do I have some dead memory sticks?

yeah, i took it out. rebooted, and it booted fine. Put it back in, I was able to log into the computer, but once i started an application the blue screen flashed and the computer rebooted. Could it maybe be a processor error? I just installed a new processor, and i'm thinking it may be a heating issue, or an overclocking issue

system and CPU are idling at 51c and core temp is 66c

i'm not so sure if that is accurate though... I got those readings running Speedfan 4.xx
I looked in my BIOS system information and found that CPU temp and motherboard temp were at 38-40c, but of course no applications were running what so ever

Have you over clocked this system? if you have load the defaults in BIOS an try again.

yeah i have, i have it OCed to 3.2ghz. I dropped it down to 3.0Ghz

I think I may be having some heating issues. My temp for CPU is 51c but my GPU gets up to almost 80c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom