IBM R50 - dim then nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPurpleRT

Baseband Member
OK, so my stupid rear knocked my IBM Thinkpad R-50 off my bad, about a 1 1/2 ft drop. Picked it up, it was off, I was thinking it was the HD shock protection, but powered off and back on and I can dimly see the IBM Thinkpad, just BARELY on the screen but never progresses beyond that, and again, super dim.

I did the unhook ac adapter and battery and hold power for 30 sec, no luck.

Made sure HD was still plugged in good, which even if it wasn't it shouldn't affect initial boot. No good. Removed and reseated the RAM chip, no luck....

What's it doing and can I fix it? I've only had it a couple weeks. :(

TIA,

Ryan

I would send it in for Warrenty repair check. As opening it to check to make sure the lcd cable is still connected would void your warranty.

So, plugged in external monitor.... works OK.... could this just be a loose lcd cable? *cry*

I bought it off ebay, nein warranty.

Is the cab le under the keyboard like most lappies or no?

How old is it? IBM cover the laptop an not the owner as far as i know. My X41 is under warinty for another year even though i am the 2nd owner (IBM factory refurb :))

try and jiggle the cables around. if that doesn't work then the mobo is on its way out. (i've dealt with this problem and that seems to be the issue)

I found, unhooked, and reseated the lcd cable on the motherboard end with no luck.... You think there's any chance it's loose either in the LCD housing or at the inverter card? Or no?

I don't want to get a new screen. :(

Also, how do I get those blasted screw covers off on the lcd housing?

TIA!

Everything you need to know should be in the manual I linked. I'm afraid I don't know more than that. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom