Laptop decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I've been thinking about getting a laptop for a while now. Probably wouldn't do any gaming on it or anything (if I do, it'd be pretty light gaming), since that's what I built my desktop for. Want something for a bit more portability, though. I've narrowed it down to 2 different ones, I think.

I can get this one from where I work (employee discount/rebate), for $610:
HP Compaq Presario C769US Notebook PC -  Product Specifications 

Or this one from HP's website, customized with the following, which totals at $690:
Search HP US - Search results for 'dv6700t'

64bit Vista Home Premium
C2D T5550
2GB RAM
Intel X3100 graphics
160GB HDD
Standard 8x DVD+/-R/RW DL burner

How does the one compare to the other? Is the HP worth the extra $80 for the little bit of speed boost? Any other suggestions that I maybe could consider? Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

From what i see the one you can get with a discount is just fine. 2GB of RAM and a 350 hard drive. I think that one would be just fine for you.

I would go with the HP not the HP Compaq. My friend had a Compaq laptop (made by HP) that he had for maybe 2 years. The hinge on the screen just broke and replacing it would cost him $80 and he needs a new battery. He is going to just replace it instead of pay to fix it. I have a dv9700t (like the dv6000 but bigger) and it has very solid hinges. The HP will also have a better selection of components than the Compaq.

Well, I decided to go with the Compaq; I needed a laptop for this weekend (long trip) and that one was still in stock at where I work, so I picked it up. Thanks anyway guys, appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom