Please help build new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratm905

Beta member
Hey hows it going I'm new here and i was just wondering what you guys think about my new PC hardware I'm trying to keep it under $600 but i could probably throw down $650 without power supply, hard drive, CD drive, and sound card.

Video card.
CPU
Memory
Mobo
Case

My goal is to build this and play age of conan on full or close to full settings and not have much lag. If there is anything that you guys would upgrade or change please let me know. Also i only have experience with AMD processors i have never tryed intel so if you guys would rather me go with intel please let me know why also what mobo and processor you would choose. thanks :happy:

Heres some stuff I recommend over what you have

the X2 5000+ Black Edition- it runs cooler and consumes less power and with an unlocked multiplier it easily jumps to 3.2ghz (or you could go Intel)
Crucial Ballistix Tracer- better RAM and has D9 Micron's and is on Newegg for $20 after MIR which is a steal

get this 8800gt:

Newegg.com - PNY VCG88512GXPB GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and overclock it yourself, factory overclocked cards are used to rip-off people who don't know the magic of ATiTool or RivaTuner

I have that case and it is freaking awesome, hope you like it :)

Looks good.. what power supply will you plan to re-use?

Yeah that case looks really sick also looks like it will be able to keep everything cool. Ill be using a 550w rosewill should be able to power everything.

vernong1992 said:
Crucial Ballistix Tracer- better RAM and has D9 Micron's and is on Newegg for $20 after MIR which is a steal

Thats ddr2 800 with my mobo i need ddr2 1066. There is a 1066 version of that but its $95 would it be worth the money?

ohh cool i didn't know that I'm kinda still new to all this stuff so thats good to know.:laughing:

Also I'm not really experienced with overclocking would you still recommend me getting that cpu and video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom