Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, unless you plan on needing to burn 3 DVD's at once, you won't need that many. You should however probably have 2. That way you can copy from one and directly burn to the other.

Get the 750i motherboard. The issues with video corruption like Fayt mentioned, do not affect the 750i and it will provide a great motherboard for your needs. 2 graphics cards, particularly the 9600GT in SLI would be a very nice complement to that board and build.

sorry dude but thats a load of rubbish

750i does have video corruption whether its an Asus, Evga, MSI... how do i know? i got one. It affect all models over the Nforce 7 series 750i 780i 790i. It doesnt affect everyone with this model but there is a huge group of victims with all the models.

Just look for the longest thread on EVGA forum.

Nvidia said theres a fix coming pretty soon but its 3 months of silence. All i can suggest is AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! get a X38, X48 or P45 motherboard instead.

Seriously, stop being so negative! It only affects a rare few, which mostly are the 780i. Most issues are because of incompetent users that end up damaging their own systems when trying to overclock.

It by all means does not affect all the boards and in actuality it only affects a small percentage. Even if there were ten thousand different people complaining on the EVGA forum, that's only 10,000 out of a million boards sold. I'm no math genius but that's only 1%. That's perfectly normal for defect rates of a new product. Don't scare everyone away because of something like this, because it is quite normal for these things to happen with computer parts and it still doesn't make all of the boards faulty.

Plus they are covered by warranty, correct?

Also x38, x48 p35/45 boards do not have support for sli...

Does it suck? Yeah but get over it and rma the **** board.

1. Why are you skimping on the case?

2. Get MX-2 or TX-2 Thermal Paste

3. What cpu?

4. What cpu heatsink?

5. Why do you need a fax modem?

6. Get the 9600gt's

7. Wheres the power supply?

1.what do you mean when you say skimping on the case? Would you reccomend a different case? If so, link me

2.Once again, can you link me?

3. C2Q G6700

4.ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120. Is this a good one?

5.Don't really need it but just incase.

6.Why should i get this one over the 9800GTX? Betteroverclocking or just better overall?

7.I'm getting the Corsair 750TX PSU

this was a double post as the same above. sorry about that. my computer is being gay and was going slow so i clicked post again and it double posted. i would have deleted it but theres no way 2 :confused:

Seriously, stop being so negative! It only affects a rare few, which mostly are the 780i. Most issues are because of incompetent users that end up damaging their own systems when trying to overclock.

It by all means does not affect all the boards and in actuality it only affects a small percentage. Even if there were ten thousand different people complaining on the EVGA forum, that's only 10,000 out of a million boards sold. I'm no math genius but that's only 1%. That's perfectly normal for defect rates of a new product. Don't scare everyone away because of something like this, because it is quite normal for these things to happen with computer parts and it still doesn't make all of the boards faulty.

Plus they are covered by warranty, correct?

Dude what do you mean stop being so negative. Video corruption is a serious issue! Im not going to give a glowing recommendation to something thats has a problem, how illogical of me. Have you got a source for your figures or you just making it up? So what are you saying to the guy.. "buy something that might not work properly?" Im passing my experience on to others.. this is my experience with this motherboard along with 1000's of others experience too. Personally i dont like to run the gaunlet when purchasing a product. Will it be a good one or a bad one. If i knew before hand i would of never bought this board! Stick to something realiable. Until theres a solid fix this is what im gonna say about this motherboard, if you dont like it tough.

Also x38, x48 p35/45 boards do not have support for sli...

Does it suck? Yeah but get over it and rma the **** board.

You quite perspective arent you. GX2 is the simple answer or even one 280 GTX will be enough. New Tech on the way not worth getting sli right now. Btw mate lose the attitude you wont get anywhere in life with it. :)

Dude what do you mean stop being so negative. Video corruption is a serious issue! Im not going to give a glowing recommendation to something thats has a problem, how illogical of me. Have you got a source for your figures or you just making it up? So what are you saying to the guy.. "buy something that might not work properly?" Im passing my experience on to others.. this is my experience with this motherboard along with 1000's of others experience too. Personally i dont like to run the gaunlet when purchasing a product. Will it be a good one or a bad one. If i knew before hand i would of never bought this board! Stick to something realiable. Until theres a solid fix this is what im gonna say about this motherboard, if you dont like it tough.

You quite perspective arent you. GX2 is the simple answer or even one 280 GTX will be enough. New Tech on the way not worth getting sli right now. Btw mate lose the attitude you wont get anywhere in life with it. :)

so basically, i shouldnt get this board:

Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

if that is right, which board do you reccomend that fits with all my other pc parts and is future-proof and has really good OC'ing capabilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom