Bootable Cd with new product key

Status
Not open for further replies.

hzz

Beta member
Once I have installed XP pro from my bootable cd,if I then change the product key, is there any way to burn XP pro on to a bootable cd with the new product key?
Thanks from a newbie:eek:

What is it that you are trying to do?
It sounds like you are wanting to do a deployment or something. If that is correct, then you need to be running with an enterprise liscence so that you can legally distribute to OS out to other machine.
If you are trying to change the PK for just any reason, then you are SOL as it is based on a preset entry.
Please explain further what it is that you are wanting to do.

Here at work we are part of a large Gannet Enterprise agreement with Microsoft so we have all the media we need. There would be no reason to need to change the CD-KEY if you are under an enterprise agreement. Basically you use the same meida disk over and over with the same enterprise agreement cd-key and never get asked to activate the software. As you already know the cd-key is built into the cd so on setup you can't simply input another cd-key as when you go to activate the software it will give you an error.

Only reason I can see you needing to change the cd-key on a media disk is for "other" reasons ;)

Didnt have any real reason for changing the key, my XP is working fine.I guess I was trying to better understand how it works.I think what I was asking is not possible.As a home user of XP it doesnt matter.Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom