Need new Video card - Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im assuming the 9800 is top of the line?
And i wont have to worry about the Motherboard and videocard being intergrated , am i right?

You're right! :)

;but I'd honestly suggest waiting for the new cards to come out.

It'll be a month if at the very very very latest.

I read June 18-21

you'll need to get a new PSU. From what i've read about that PC its only a 250w psu which isn't enough to safely power any card. So look at our recommended parts list for a good psu. Corsair 520hx/vx is a good choice.

also when you do get a new card you're gonna have to disable the onboard gfx in the bios (i saw your post on another forum ;) )

you'll need to get a new PSU. From what i've read about that PC its only a 250w psu which isn't enough to safely power any card. So look at our recommended parts list for a good psu. Corsair 520hx/vx is a good choice.

also when you do get a new card you're gonna have to disable the onboard gfx in the bios (i saw your post on another forum ;) )

I have no idea how to disablegf bios or w/e u said

Sorry i really suck at computers :)

haha. disabling onboard in the bios is super easy. but we'll worry about that once we can figure out how to set you up with a new PSU and card.

I would recommend waiting for new cards to come out if you wanna spend a good amount and have performance for a while.

also, what resolution do you play on?

So, im assuming PSU== power supply unit right?

My friend said get the 8800 how much power does that suck?

EDIT: I have no idea what PSU i have and i have no idea how many watts it is.. where can i check this?>

Xevan do NOT get a 500$ video card. If you do I swear you will regret it for the rest of your life. Get a 8800GT instead which is around 200$~ and make sure its a nice brand such as E-VGA. There are A LOT of nice brands, but trust me paying over 250$ for a graphics card is never worth it. Besides a 8800GT will tear WarHammer a new one. If you need a graphics card to play Online Games. You probably don't need one thats over 200$ even a nice 100$ graphics card will handle the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom