Problem with Sound when playing games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I have a problem that just started when I upgraded to my new motherboard. Whenever I am in CS:S my microphone in vent sounds like and i quote from my friend mat

Drizzt, it sounds like you are strangling a cat in the background

This is not good, I don't want this. I am fairly certain it is not my Mic's fault as it does not sound like angry cats when I am not in CS:S. It is only when I start it up. This did not happen before on my 680i SE.

I tried going to the asus website and reinstalling the sound drivers for my sound card (which comes with the mobo). Still no fix. Fine until I start up cs:s.

Suggestions? Help?

Maybe a reinstallation of CS:S or steam? or both? Have you fiddled with the mircrophone settings within CS:S? Tried a different microphone?

I fiddled with the microphone settings. It's not just in CS:S either. And the mic works fine.

I moved the plugs into the back instead and it seems to have gone away. I guess it was just the front.

I moved the plugs into the back instead and it seems to have gone away. I guess it was just the front.

Yeah, front panels have always been either of less quality, or just totally screwed all the time :)
Personally I don't bother using them, especially any usb ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom