John Deere Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a great idea, getting classmates to sign the case. Personally I woudn't even let a classmate near my PC , but that's just me.

Ya i know what you mean. I haven't put any parts in it yet. So wasn't to much to worry about.

So anybody else have suggestions for my questions up above?

That's not what i meant hick.. I mean I wouldn't want the memories of my classmates(90% of them) on one of the most important products of mine.

^^LOL^^
hey hick, i think you should make the tractor out of a dark (or painted black) metal mesh of some sort. just my opinion.
let me know if you cnat find anything to use, i have a couple ideas.

^^LOL^^
hey hick, i think you should make the tractor out of a dark (or painted black) metal mesh of some sort. just my opinion.
let me know if you cnat find anything to use, i have a couple ideas.

Ya that is what i was leaning towards. Also i made sure the back tire was the size of a 120mm fan. So i can put it there behind the mesh or maybe cut the mesh out and have the fan there.

I will have to do some digging up on where to find some though.

Costs as much to ship the **** stuff from them as it does for the mesh itself.

thats pretty cool mesh. lol @ the shipping.
check this out:
ROUND ALUMINUM MESH RANGE HOOD FILTER-FITS BROAN,NUTONE - eBay (item 130226860315 end time Jun-06-08 05:40:42 PDT)

lol...i know it's too big...but you can cut it, and you will have a hole in the center that looks like an axle. it can be painted black...and you can get it at home depot or such for cheap.
i'd look there. they will have mesh of some sort.

Well i bought this a ways back. for my pc that i have now.
Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer FP800BK Black Remote Multi-functional Control Panel - Controller Panels

Well i never got it installed so i figure it will be a cool edition to my John Deere mod.
So i took the antenna from the pci slot, because there is no way the wire would be long enough. I broke the solder and remounted it on the back as you can see and i think it looks really good.
IMG_2421Large.jpg

IMG_2422Large.jpg

Next i gutted the bay and i am planning on stripping the paint and painting it green. The only thing i don't like is that the temp gauges light up blue, but oh well.
IMG_2427Large.jpg

Well i thought this thread needed so i stayed up till midnight and did that last night. LOL

Anyways i am basically done applying the clear coat on the green panel after a major screw up. Anyways i am not quite sure how to wet sand it. I have 2200 grit sand paper, but that almost seems to coarse. So idk for sure how to do this stage of the mod.

Also i think i am going to bondo over all the switch ports on the front. And then i am going to install a green rocker switch for my cold cathodes and a bulgin momentary switch for the power. With the logisys remote control power function it also allows the user to use a switch instead.

Also as of course any ideas and or criticisms are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom