Ouch! Upgrade hurts brain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sticking this through Trotter. I guess I'll order the MoBo, CPU, and Ram and then just wait until I can afford the PSU before assembly.Thats going to be hard, But I dont want to buy all this stuff for nothing.

Uhg! I missed out on an MSI K9N4 SLI-F AM2 NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard on ebay. It was coming up too fast and I couldnt compare it with the Gigabyte in time to get back to it. could have got it for about $26. coulda saved myself another $30. Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda....oh well. I saw complaints of heating problems with the northbridge anyway, But I dont know anything about motherboards.
Does anyone know what the FSB is on that Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 Board? It doesnt say on NewEgg. (The one you guys listed above)

FSB is not an issue with AMD CPUs. AMD have the memory controller built into the CPU, whereas Intel depends on the memory controller on the board. As far as what the FSB is, I think it is 2000 (but don't quote me). AM3 will have a 4000 FSB.

:eek: Wow, ......Now see thats why I come here......I had no idea! Thanks for that Trotter.
That board would have been used anyway, now that I got a chance to look it over good. Im glad I didnt panic-shop (Something I never have to worry about. I miss more good deals staring at them until someone else picks them up and walks away with them, lol).

You can bet, After this little adventure is over, Im going to be making atleast a small donation to this site.

And Trotter, If I can do anything for you, let me know. Before my condition I was a Graphics Artist. Its not much but if you would like a really nice new avatar and/or signature, (no joke) dont hesitate to let me know. YOU would be doing ME a favor. I enjoy doing them and it really wouldnt be a problem, all I have now is time. ;)

Thanks for the offer. I have used my avvy for a couple of years now, so I am pretty much known by it. If you can remove the black corners, maybe clear it up a little, would be great and all I really need.

Be sure to stay here with Tech-Forums. Since you are/were a graphic artist, you should be able to help those who are stuck or having problems in that area, which would be a great help (we loss a lot of our graphics mainstays a while back). Plus, we are hoping to start the graphic contests/projects back up soon.

I dont think staying here will be a problem, lol
(eyes bloodshot and voice dry and hoarse) "I cant stop reading these posts!"

As for your avvy I can take care of that black stuff no problem. But I cant do much about clearing it up without a larger version of it, due to pixel sizes. You wouldnt happen to have the original or know where it is online, maybe its bigger?
I guess the "Bloody head banging guy" is a little too "Bent" for a Mod on such a prestigious post, huh? I always liked that one. But thats my kinda style:freak: .

I pretty much just woke up so Im going to go work on it a little now to wake up some, Im having to correct every-other-word I type here. Not enough coffee yet.

EDIT: That avvy was originally just a round circle, bit with gifs, what happens is the background automatically gest filled in with black. I could eliminate that but it always looks very blocky so instead I will probably just fill in the rest with a solid so it wont be able to fill it with black. But I'll make both ver. for you so you can decide. I found a couple of them online but not the round one.

The round one was made from the square one you have probably found online. A member here (who is no longer around) made it for me. The size is pretty much the same as the original.

:cool: Yea, I kinda figured. It was made with the background attached to all the panels also. So I had to just remake it completely, so its not the EXACT SAME, but its very close. I made it a 4 panel instead of the original 3 panel. I made about 20 variations for you. (Stupid me, half asleep) I didnt realize right away that it was done in 72dpi:eek: , so the first 8 or 10 are not what I intended. But I re-did them in 300dpi so you could get better color out of them. I just left the others in for whatever. They are the ones without the cord coming from the computer (I forgot to add it)
Also I did one (I think 015 or 016) trying to match the color of the panel under the Avatars (on the left of the screen) Im not sure if its a right match. If you can get that color code for me( I tried to find it in the source code), I'll make you another one with that same color background so that it looks like it has no background, which would be much smoother looking than a PNG-type file (Ive tried that before, looks blocky).
So heres your file.

http://www.webng.com/grafx/trotter.zip

I was going to try to send you a PM but couldnt find a link for it on you User Page.

Hope you like them, and thanks for all of your help......though Im sure Ill be bugging you here for a bit more.:D

EDIT: BTW if I can change anything for you....Make it faster/slower, different color variation, whatever....dont hesitate to let me know. Since I have it as a layered PSD file now, changes are pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom