PC won't turn on at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ack35

Solid State Member
Ok, well i bought a cheap pc about two years ago that was used but almost new. It was a cisnet with a celeron d processor. It's always had a strange problem that if it is shutdown sometimes you had to push the power button several times or more to get it to turn on again. Now it seems to have completely died and won't turn on at all. I thought maybe it was the psu so i went and bought a new one and plugged it in but still nothing. I did check the caps on the motherboard according to badcaps.net cause i thought maybe they were causing the problem but they appear to be in good shape. Could it be the power button itself or the motherboard or something else?

The power button may not be making contact with the switch so it may not be triggering the power up. Try removing the front panel and pressing the smaller power button. Otherwise, check the RAM. Try each stick separately.... it could be bad RAM.

I tried another ram stick and still nothing. I removed the front cover but the button is enclosed and there are a couple wires going to it so i can't really change how i press the button but i did try the big one and the small one and still nothing.

I had a issue like this with a Compaq i was working on. It was the power switch from the case that was defective. See if there is anyways to get that panel off to replace it.

Ok well i figured out how to get the switch out and i got the big one and the little one out so i can push the buttons easily but still nothing happens. Each button has two colored wires which go to the motherboard and i think i may have plugged them in wrong cause when i first discovered the problem i was messing with them just in case but when i put them back i plugged them in the way i thought they were suppossed to go according to color. The large power switch has an orange and a white wire, and the small switch has a blue and a white wire. The two leds on the case also have wires going to the same spot which plug in. If i messed these up could this be part of the problem or could it be something with the wires themselves?

Well if you can remember how they were originally then by all means put it back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom