Cheap Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, to me, its worth paying extra for Evga just because if something goes bad, they will take care of you. They also warranty their items even when overclocked.

Overclocking the 2180 is always different for everyone, but if you use the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro, you should be able to get at least 2.8GHz and possibly as high as 3.2GHz.

You won't need an aftermarket cooler on the GPU unless you notice that your temperatures are higher than normal and want the better cooling. Also, I have heard lately the the Crucial's are not as good as they used to be. I would not know from personal experience with the Tracers, but one brand that has performed wonderfully for me and is usually right there with the cheapest prices is G. Skill ram. It has low latencies, low price, high performance!

My e2180 does 3.3ghz on a cheap cooler with little tweaking. I could maybe get a bit more but haven't tried due to temperature being higher in summer.
Also with a 8800gt I can play Crysis on very high with no aa/af so a e2180 and 9600gt would work good.

What is the disadvantage of having an older south bridge?

Step-Up/Warranty is not important to me for this rig.

Which GPU wil be good for at least 2 years or more? Will the E2180 be fine for 2 years or more also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom