Worklog: "Spirit of the Dragon and the Tiger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Lian LI PC - 7plus

I did a video review of it on YouTube

A Black canvas will suit the paint scheme I have in mind better than the Silver Lian Li PC-7plus.. (more on that later)

bruce_lee_casemod1.jpg

I converted the logo to grayscale, then scaled the diameter of the Dojo (center ring) to 80mm for the Lian Li's top fan grill design,which will be punched out later for better ventilation

The Dragon & Tiger enter the dojo
bruce_lee_casemod2.jpg

Using Excato blade to cut out the logo
bruce_lee_casemod3.jpg

bruce_lee_casemod4.jpg

I'm still debating about how I want to make this grill.. The easiest way will be to cut the design out, then paint on the logo ...I'll probally use "Plastruct", which is styrene plastic commonly used for modeling... maybe 1/8" thick.
Why Plastruct instead of Acrylic? It's easier to cut and less messy..
bruce_lee_casemod5.jpg

Looks like a cool buildup... can't wait to see the finished result.

Nice work as always. Hey guys I was wondering can you make or at least find some one who makes case stickers I would like to have some to stick on my builds.

What kind of stickers are you talking about Chris? The small square ones for AMD/ATI/Intel/etc. ? Or just sticker graphics in general? If you are just looking for graphics, you might want to contact a local car tuning shop (not midas or Merlin's Muffler, but a performance shop), and see if they make custom vinyl decals.... While I ABHOR vinyl graphics on cars (unless it is a webiste or something small and not retarted), you might be able to find some that way... get a price quote though. I have no idea what they run.

What kind of stickers are you talking about Chris? The small square ones for AMD/ATI/Intel/etc. ?

Try ebay, think I've seen them there before. Presumably knock-off ones from Hong Kong made by third parties.

Edit: I just checked, put 'intel sticker' into ebay and I'm getting 60 results but none from U.S.

If your looking for more of a vinyl sticker, think of those people who have the stickers of that kid peeing on random things, type of sticker.

Find a seller who sells lots of diff ones and ask them to do a custom one for whatever you want.

Hey gang, sorry for lack of updates! I've been preparing the launch of my new blog. It will help attract more attention to our passion for this hobby. My affiliations throughout the case mod community and industry should kick this site into overdrive! I'm excited to raise the bar. Check it out so far!

Case Mod Blog — MNPCTECH.COM

I finally caught a break to update this thread, it's not a big update, but I'm doing the best I can with everything else going on. This Asian Dragon design will be cnc milled from 3/16" thick 6061 aluminum. Similar to these other grills I've made in the first picture, it will be 120mm machined aluminum fan grill. I will be mounting it over the Lian Li PC-7 plus front intake :)

1casemod_machined_fangrills_mnpctech_2008thm2.jpg

2008_fan_grill_dragon_mnpctech.com.jpg

Hey your blog looks really cool. Amazing how you got all that custom stuff done in such a short time. LOL

Anyways the only thing you need to add to the blog is a favicon.ico. The little 16x16 pixel picture that appears next to the url. Oh and i really like the Simpsons case also. Big fan. Except i would have used more of the yellow instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom