Newegg Deactivated Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokernod

In Runtime
Looking up motherboards and stuff on Newegg, I sometimes run into "Deactivated Items" where the price is supposed to be. Anyone have any insight as to what this means? For instance, this motherboard

Newegg.com - ABIT NF-M2 nView AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Is this a little something telling me that this board is a little outdated or is it that its just popular and they have sold out of them? I dont think Ive seen very many sights that leave items up that they dont carry anymore.

If your looking for a cheep but good quality am2 matx mobo get a AN-M2 HD by abit i own one an love it.

Thanks Guys
Actually I was looking at this nView on eBay

Abit AN-M2 nView Geforce 7025 Socket AM2 Motherboard - eBay (item 170221751059 end time May-29-08 02:22:34 PDT)
ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and was looking for a way to judge it (Newegg)

Motherboards are so frickin hard to compare against one another, What one has the other doesnt but another has this tha fjlije Uhg!

I run dual monitors so I liked that this has a great Onboard graphics setup (Geforce 7025 - 3.0 shader), like having a second card practically, but it lacks the FSB speed that the Gigabyte you guys suggested has, and the sound isnt as good, I dont think it supports dual channel mem.....among other things Im sure. good price though.

Is there a MoBo chart like that Vid Card Chart around here?(LOL, that made my life a little easier for a day) I mean what makes a good MotherBoard? What Components should you really look for/at when choosing. Im not that up to date when it comes to this gaming stuff. Ive been (was) doing Graphics Work for years and it just never really bothered me when my Com paused when doing something big in Photoshop CS3.

"I played ONE Game....and now look at me. 39 yrs old and trying to learn computers all over again."

And by the way, a completely seperate question. Ive heard over and over that PCI slots were going to be phased out for PCI-E and AGP 8X.....But all of these boards have more PCI slots than anything, and now its AGP slots that I hear are getting phased out. Whats going on, I have this strange feeling a year from now neither will be on a motherboard and I'll be the one getting phased out. Are PCI-E slots going to take over or not? And what good are those little PCI-E x1 slots or whatever those little short ones are, Ive never even seen a component in one before.

Geez, Im sorry for all these questions I keep throwing at you guys. You can tell me to go read a book! LOL.
Im going to bed before my brain breaks. Im sure youll hear from me tomorrow.

Hello guys,

Just a quick note on Newegg Deactivated Items. Sometimes when the Qty drops to zero the Item# will go inactive. Yesterday I had to reactivate 1 of 4 products that had gone inactive due to no qty in stock.

If you have your heart set on something maybe wait a couple of days and give them time to restock.

Best Regards,

PCI is the workhorse of slots; been around forever and still chugging. AGP has gone the way of the dodo, but there are still a lot of people who have it, just no new mobos will have them.

PCI-E is the new standard for GFX cards, and it looks like it will be around for a while. PCI-E x16 is top dog, and is now moving to 2.0 of it. PCI-E x4 and PCI-E x1 are out there, but have not been utilized much yet. Both have much better throughput than plain old PCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom