Vista bluescreen problems. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimnx

Beta member
Hi guys, got a major problem with Windows Vista. It keeps giving me a BSOD, and I'm not sure why.

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 839C27E8
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

any ideas?

Let us know the STOP error code (should be formatted like: 0x0000##, where ## = letters/digits), and the words in all caps at the top of the BSOD (if there are any).

Besides the error code information there pay close attention to any mention of a driver involved like for RealTek onboard sound or a device drveir for the video card instelled.

Start Orb>Right click on Computer>Properties>In the left pane click the Advanced Ssytem Properties.

The windows tha tcomes up under the Startup and recovery click settings. Turn off Auto restart on system failure.

Now next time you get a BSOD get these 2 bits of infomation.

The Stop error code. It will look like this:

0X000000ZZ where ZZ is a alpha numeric combination.

A coule of lines down you will see in all CAPS a group of words.

Post those 2 bits of information and we will help you out as much as we can.

You still will want to keep an eye for any specific mention of a driver name if this is a software problem and not something being seen like a bad dimm. Hopefully that will all this will turn out to be rather then a hardware issue. But taking close notes like already advised is the best thing to gather all information.

Usign my method will be more effective than looking for a driver failure. That is done thru event viewer mostly anyways. In a BSOD you do not get many mentions of faulty drivers and 90% of the are GFX drivers.

Also i noticed you only have version 6000. Which means you have not installed Vista SP1. I would highly suggest you do.

When searched the BCCode 124 always seems to point at one type of driver set or another. But if you can decipher the event viewer that will provide the best clues.

Once the problem is solved and Windows is running good that would be the time to see the first service pack applied since that will have the first set of fixes for Vista seen there anyways. RealTek drivers for onboard sound are noted for seeing a lot of problems in addition to any seen with those for a video card installed. I hear that a lot on XP as well as Vista.

Hey, got SP1 installed.

heres the numbers form the BSOD

Stop: 0x00000124
0x000000000
0x9f0cb0e0
0xbe000300
0x200c0135

there were no words in caps

I was running into that as well when trying to look up information on the mainly first line which is found for various problems with NVidia models as well as some seeing that with onboard sound on Dells or HPs. That's why I pointed at RealTek before.

Sometimes the driver sets for the newer model video cards especially 8800s and the 2xxx series models for ATI run into a bad set. That came up with the Catalyst 7.9 where ATI released a patch to no avail finally seeing working results with the 7.10 but much better 7.11 updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom