Random Restarts with Geforce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookizREvil

Beta member
I just bought the Nvidia Geforce 6200, and installed it, and first it was weird, I would change my display to 1094x768, and then I would load up a game (Company of Heroes), and my computer would crash/restart, and then it wouldn't load up. It would get to the Windows XP loading screen, with the bar on the bottom, get past that, black screen with my mouse pointer, and then it would restart again, without ever loading.

So I was like, "Okay..." And I booted based on last good configuration (what I'm in now), with the resolution of 800x600, and figured that Company of Heroes just wouldn't work. So I thought my problem was my driver. I went to the Nvidia site, downloaded the most recent drivers, and then tried Unreal Tournament 3, and it would start up, the graphics would look really terrible and it'd be laggy, so I went to the main menu, and it would crash again/restart. But this time it started up, I assumed 'cuz I didn't change the resolution.

It would be nice to play these games, though. I'm afraid to change the resolution, 'cuz I'm sick of it restarting.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be much appreciated.

(Computer isn't overheating, no virus'/malicious software)

(?? Now when I go to the Start Menu, and then All Programs, it restarts. =(((( )

I cleaned everything, still restarts when I attempt to play games.

I even did the change of resolution to 1024x768, and it did that thing where it restarts, starts up, restarts.

It stays black. Nothing for even a split second.

Even when playing a game and it cuts out, it just goes black. And when it starts up, it doesn't tell me that there was a system-error, it just starts up normally (if my resolution is 800, otherwise it'll keep restarting until I tell it load Last Good Setting)

Can you put in the other card and test that the other card is working properly. Could just be a bad card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom