Help me find what I want... 15.4wide 8600m or comparable

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
Ok, I was all lined up to buy a dell vostro 1500 wtih an 8600m but then they stopped making them! yes, no more 8600m outta dell's camp. So now the hunt is on for a lappy with an 8600m or comparable, 15.4 widescreen and a C2D for around $650... Yeah, I had a Deal!

What other options do I have?

This laptop is not going to be used for gaming, It's mostly going to be used for DJ software (TORQ) and also Graphics editing....

zdATK

Isn't that some balogna! I went to order it yesterday and they don't offer the 8600m gt in anything if I'm not mistaken... The rep there told me to check out the xps line which is 1100 and has an 8400 gs..... WTH? So, Now the mad dash is on, I have the cash I want a lappy now! I Have 3 vostro 1500's on my ebay watch list, Hopefully I can snag one of them. HOPEFULLY! If I can't, I want some recommendations on comparable lappys...

nice yeah I've been all over the dell site 3 times... no beans... I've done a search around the web, I might end up going with IBUYPOWER or CYBERPOWER.. they have 8600m gt 512MB!!! i could get a comparable one for around $100 more but I would have to wait again, to get paid :(

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS7720-6152 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T5450(1.66GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA 3GB Memory DDR2 667 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - Laptops / Notebooks

For a little more this might be better. Bigger specs, but more money :(.

I'm using this
8600M - Computers - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review
To look for laptops with the 8600M, since most of them have c2d's by default. I think you might have to forget about xp... have you considered taking shams rout with ubuntu though? :D

For now, I'm not worried about XP, I have an install disk chilling here that my mom bought.... Ubuntu is a no go as I need this to run DJ software (TORQ) and the linux support is non-exsistant and vista support sucks...

EDIT: Also, Needs to be 15.4" or smaller. 17 is to bigg and will clutter my decks...

I think I'm just going to (If I cant win one on ebay) just buckle down and get the 8400gs... I mean, I'm not gaming , I just want not integrated!.... the rig I would get from dell would be $639... but the proc is a 1.4ghz.. if I got the t8100 it would be about $750... I'm praying for that ebay deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom