Looking for a power-pc by august

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
My birthday is coming up in August and I'm looking for a new pc. I already have a 24" lcd monitor and my 5.1 system. The problem is that my current PC is 5 years old and has DDR 2700 ram and AGP 8x video card. So that means I need a new computer from ground up.

I dont want to start and decide to buy when august comes up because then I would have to rush my deal. So I'm asking here in advanced the options I can have so I will be able to research / compare prior to buying.

So a pc i'm looking for is basically the best bang for buck upgrade that I can get that will surely show noticeable improvements from my current PC build (look at my signature for more details). I will be using the PC for the common tasks that everyone is doing: Watching 720 and 1080p HDTV, Encoding Files for Video Editing, Playing Video Games.

I am not really looking forward to "building" my own pc. I could spend an extra $50 or so rather than building my own. I know many of you say its easy but I just don't want to get into the trouble of going back to the store to buy more parts in order for the build to work. I bought my PC from Sony VAIO 5 years ago and I have no regrets even as of today.

Cliff Notes:
- What is the best bang for buck pc I can get in august?
- Around how much would I be spending?

Going back to the store to get parts?

You just go on newegg, load up your cart....order....and when it all arrives you piece it together like a very easy puzzle.

Please, please, please build your own computer...you will save TONS of money and it will be far better than anything you can buy.

$50 extra not to build your own rig isn't going to go far. Your not going to get half a decent build than you would if you were to buy and build yourself. Theres tons of info here and people to help you.

And you talk about "Bang for Buck". With a pre built, someones making profit. If you do it your self you know where every penny goes. And its alot easier than people think, especially these days. With all new parts, a computer build today is practically color coded. Not much can go wrong.

While, I do admit, the first build is the hardest, but after that it's all pretty much the same. All the parts are similar when comparing motherboards and setting different configurations up, so after you get the general idea, you are set. There are some places that will build custom machines without charging you an arm and a leg, but most will try to charge extra for needless things and any retail place will overcharge.

Dell for instance charges $50 per GB of RAM. I could easily get 2GB and maybe even 4GB for that price (depending on the deal) and it would still be higher quality RAM than they use. The only advantage of a Dell or HP is the full coverage warranty and free tech support.

Although, they do seem to only offer a 1 year warranty with the option to buy an extension for 2 years for like $120 more. That is just ridiculous, because it is very common for parts to come with 3 year manufacturer's warranties, so you are paying for something you would automatically get when getting a custom built one.

Building your own pc is not hard. Before I built my system the most I had ever done to a computer was install a stick of ram. Your motherboard will come with a manual that tells you how to connect everything and you can always ask us if you have any questions.

Regardless your gonna get tech support....the difference is the people here are actually passionate about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom