Cheap Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
I need help building a $300 desktop (i know it is low) or the cheapest that u guys can build

it will be overclocked

it will be mostly for gaming

maybe gonna buy 2 of them for my 2 brothers

this is only for the tower

they will be playing in a 17" and 19" monitor

You are going to be hard pressed to build anything gaming capable for 300 unless you are reusing a lot of old parts.

That build would be the bare minimum to run a game at playable settings. The only thing missing from that is an arctic cooler for another 20 bucks.

What do you mean bare minimum playable settings? If he overclocks the CPU to at least 2.5, which would be a piece of cake, he could get max settings on almost any game. I had a 2.33GHz E6550, 9600GT, DS3L, 2GB G. Skill, and even the Rosewill RP550-2, and it purred through Call of Duty 4 with 70FPS (30FPS at a very VERY crowded scene).

go with the e2180...it overclocks just as well than the e2220 and for some reason better than the e2200. It is also cheaper.

You CAN build one for both but you would hard pressed to play any games these days at decent frame-rates. However $400 will give you a very cheap case nothing very sturdy as well as a PSU that is only sub-par. You can combine some open-box parts to get close to a $450 value if you know what I mean. You can get a 9600GT for $120 open box which i trust buying video cards open box(they work or they don't).

You could also get a mobo open box which are a little more risky however the P31-DS3L which overclocks the same as the P35 board but has an older southbridge is $75 which is the same price as an open open P35-DS3L.

I am saying it CAN be done in terms of offer you good gaming performance it's just you will have a small hard drive, a cheap case, and not a very reliable PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom