New build questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcream

Baseband Member
I'm putting together a new computer on somewhat of a budget but plan to play around with a lot of overclocking stuff so I get my moneys worth, this is what I've got so far.

Intel Pentium 2.0GHz dual core (with monster fan for over clocking, I read you can get it to 3.2 with the rite cooling.)
Asus Intel G31 micro atx board
2x1GB pqi TUBRO 3ms latency memory
8600GT XXX 256MB stock clocked at 620MHz
RAIDMAX 530W power supply.
and a cool master micro ATX case.

I'm shooting for cheep power with this build, and its going to be one of my first. So please give me some advice on this I'm trying to stay under 600.

I strongly suggest you not get PQI ram, I have personally ran into alot of problems with that brand. GSkill and A-DATA make excellent ram for the price.

That CPU is good, but some people have a hard time getting it past 3ghz. My friend bought one and was dissapointed when he could not get past 2.9ghz. I also would not recommend buying a gpu thats stock overclocked unless it has a better deal or something, its a waste of money.

That PSU should be able to power your computer but the quality of that brand is horrible and for the price I would take a look at other brands (see the thread in the computer hardware forum on powersupplies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom