$1000 Gaming Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mobo id get ds3r or ds3l gigabyte make goods o/cing boards. another good board is the abit ip35. and vernong ballistix are good ram. get them. o/cing beasts. not as good as hz's by gskill tho

You haven't been keeping up with em have you bro, they suck now since they went Single sided RAM

As far as the P35-DS3L that is a REALLY cheap mobo only $108 but I keep seeing that its north bridge gets really hot, it has a huge VDroop, and I see people hitting walls at 3.0 on the Q6600. Other then that its $80 cheaper = \

Lol, that just means that they've rigged their game to work well on an nVidia card, that means even though a card is an ATi equivalent, they'll make it perform less on purpose so more people buy their cards

they don't deliberately cripple it on ATI cards, they optimise it for nVidia cards so that it uses them to their best potential.

they don't deliberately cripple it on ATI cards, they optimise it for nVidia cards so that it uses them to their best potential.

They did on the Assassin's Creed patch, they took out DX 10.1 because it gave ATI a significant boost in performance over Nvidia cards.

Do the Brands matter? I was told that XFX, Evga, BFG were the only brands to get? ive never heard of MSI...Are GTS G92 that much better GT's to go for a cheap brand?

As for Memory wise, since Im getting Vista HP 64-Bit should I just get this GSKILL 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR2 1000 for $85?

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Instead of Tracers 2GB (2x 1GB) DDR800 for $65?

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Well I would get a 8800GTS but I am still $140 over my budget after shipping...Well I was thinking of getting the P35-DS3L but its out of stock and they have an energy saver one but people say it cant overclock. I could go with the Open Box one but would it be worth the risk? i mean going from the DFI Lanparty DK x38 ($184) to p35-DS3L would save me about $100.

Unless its not worth that downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom