Gaming performance is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

functional

Beta member
Hello people, something strange is happening to my computer, or well...
rather already happened. I dont know since when this started but i did notice
this bug first in Warcraft 3, maybe just because that game should be run in my system without anykind of FPS dropdown, which is exactly what i have.
Usually games did run fine without any FPS dropdown, such as TES: Oblivion,
Gears Of Wars and so on. But lately they are starting to have randomly a HUGE fps dropdown ( 0.1-1 fps ), and i dont have a clue why. This dropdown
usually lasts from 15 to 30 seconds and its really irritating because its freguent. So fars games that i expierience this with are Oblivion, Gears of War
and Warcraft 3. I have also noticed altough that this occurs more often for example in warcraft 3 when i have bigger map or more complex, however i tried to overclock my card and it wont still get any better either and i have turned even all graphics down and it does ease but not enough.
This dint anyhow happen before in other games, so why does it now?

My specs are:
Windows XP SP2,
Nvidia GeForce GTS8800 512mb,
DDR 667 Ram, havent checked it more detailed than that altough
And last but not least, AMD Athlon 64 x2 +5600 2.8ghz processor.

I know this beauty stands as standart nowadays or even below,
but she should still be able to run warcraft 3 easily and Gears Of Wars without DX10 & AA and atleast oblivion as she did before.

If need more information just tell me and ill do my best.

Okay first you can not do DX10. XP is not capable of it.

2nd how much RAM do you have. You just said DDR667. Do you have 1GB or more?

Sorry but 0.1-1 FPS is not HUGE. That is barely a drop compared to the amount of activity you have on screen.

First have you checked for spyware/malware? Run thru OSiris's guide and post a log up.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-165828/
^Guide

http://www.techist.com/forums/f70/
^Post log there

Also what other things do you have running at this time? Do you run winamp while gaming? F@H?

Check your event viewer, see if anything is showing up and errors or warnings. just general cleaning of your system could fix this problem. make sher you know what services are running that could slow it down. If nothing has been change in any configuration with out looking at your system I would say:
Spyware
Virr
malware
To many apps/ proccesses running at one time. You dont have enuff RAM to crank on your system. Clean it out Make sher to hit up Local Setting in My Documents and Setting Folder... little guys live in there. But with out a error report it would be alot of things......Video going out.... Not a good word to use but never know...

Mak you was about 2 mins post befor me!! My net connection would make that about 3 seconds! (I wanna Help two)

Sorry. Dont worry i wont be on much longer so you can take the rest for a while while i am out.

PS name is Mak not Mark. ;)

Meh, first things first. Not like this was unexpected, i dont mean as 1-0.1 FPS difference, i mean as 1-0.1 FPS as total. Which is nothing more or less than watching a quick slide show and really annoys me, well okay rather 1-0.8 fps if were more accurate but thats not the point.
And perhaps if i take out HiJack this log aswell into forums?
I will follow that guide also because its high possibility that i have a virus aswell, as my protection isnt the greatest. And i end every unneeded process always with EndItAll, such a lovely tool by the way, except ofcourse the windows ones that are needed. But anyway i dont think that it should be about excess processes, my processor can easily handle so far whatever i have given him to do.
Dint btw know that SP3 dint bring DX10 until today, what a shame aswell.
Anyway, i have also noticed that with Guild Wars i get now bsod aswell, so
it might be something really with my RAM, what was the tool that i could
check with my RAM if its stable or not?

MemTest86. run it for at least 4 hours.

Post your Hijack this log in the 2nd link i gave originally. One of our tech's will be by to review it and give you a heads up on what to do.

MemTest86 Download:

Memtest86 - Download Page

Its alright. Not problem. Just trying to help you resolve the issue. That is what we are here for.

actually i think i found now solution, this was due to problem similar as this on my last computer ( starting games and bsod nearly instantly ), i tried the same
method that worked back then, which was cleaning my computer.
opened it up and well, dont think much other things than a vacuum can hold
that much dust at once! she was full of it! and also i saw that the cable to hard disk was bit partly there, mostly in anyhow. but that was after the cleansing
so it might be that it just littlebit got removed by my arm.
anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
just sorry that i tried this option this late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom