nagasama's first case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
p.s.....this case is OLD SCHOOL....i'm talkin like SOLID steel. it laughed off my dremel. i burned up about 10 cut off wheels and an hour of my life before i said "screw this" and got my makita grinder out. i use it for grinding WELDS. it even took it a substantial time to cut through that back wall for cable management.

i wonder if i can get a sponsorship with this project. from AMD. and makita. lol. free cpus and cut off wheels for life! YAY!

Heh did you ever see my project log that I've been working on on and off?

I've burned through 5 reinforced cuttings wheels and about 20 of the normal ones...

Do you have a jigsaw?
That's what I used to mod my case.
As well as some tungsten steel files, and some really really fine files to finish off.

Anyway, the case is looking good so far!

maybe I should put an AMD logo on the window of my case

^^ That would be pretty awesome. Would you cut the AMD logo in the window or etch it?

nagasama nice work on the bondo. I can't wait to see pics of the completed case.

sick sick sick....
after a weeks work, i have just about got it. i etched an AMD logo on the (newly installed) window (and man it looks FANTASTIC). all green fans. painted entire gts fan cover solid black. sound dampening mat throughout...and MAN it is quiet compared to my old case. negative pressure, and it is also much cooler.
dooooooooooooooooood.....i am using it right now...i am so proud i could cry, lol. it REALLY turned out well.
i am waiting for one more part that will really help accent the logo on the window and the front panel, and then i will post up the completed results (i dont want to ruin the surprise when the last part will really make it look fabuloso).
hopefully will have part by thurs/fri.

p.s. apok, yes i used a jigsaw for the window cut-out, the front panel fan cut out (in the steel case itself, not in the plastic), and the upper blow-hole.
i cant wait for you guys to see this thing.

You stole the idea from the old case i modded lol, jj (its prob pretty popular)

Looks good, i look forward to seeing it finished

My next case mod is nearly done and it has that exact same green, it's not as solid as that though, i wanted it patchy.

Ahh I wanna see this done.. Post pics asap.

I really should get into case modding, how hard is it? What tools are required? Do you have to be a good artist, I was never good at drawing, but I have a **** good imagination ;-).

John Deere green is just about as expensive. Also did you ever see the tractor i cut out on the side of my case? Anyways you did great with the bondo i might have to get me some of the stuff to fill a few holes the front panel of my case that i don't need.

John Deere green is just about as expensive. Also did you ever see the tractor i cut out on the side of my case? Anyways you did great with the bondo i might have to get me some of the stuff to fill a few holes the front panel of my case that i don't need.

yeah, you're case is great!
the specific bondo i used is lightweight polyester body filler.
it adheres well to everything and dries enough to sand in like 15 minutes.

yeah, you're case is great!
the specific bondo i used is lightweight polyester body filler.
it adheres well to everything and dries enough to sand in like 15 minutes.

I will have to pick up some of that. Man i wish the case i used was a little newer to be ATX. Oh well i will manage. Post some pics i really want to see what you have done.

Well there are 3 members of the 50 pound case club. Nagasama, Aspire, and Hickfarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom