BSoD....hmmm.. out of idea's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
Alright I'm just playing a game (lineage2) and then bam! BSoD!! and then I get some error where my OS was damaged in the process, and the Bsod says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", now I've googled/searched here and most responses say it's an error with faulty hardware or failure of installed hardware (typically ram), now here's my main problem, when I try to get on now my computer gets to a screen saying:
"Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration"
and it freezes their..... ok great.. and when I try to run in safe mode and I get to a screen where it says:
"Please select the operating system to start:
-Microsoft windows Xp Professional
-Microsoft windows Xp Professional Setup"
...now...picking any of these will still end with them freezing, safe mode or not safe mode.... I've ran it in Safe mode/w/ networking/command prompt etc.. and Ive ran debugging mode and its still all ends with them freezing.. When I try to reinstall/repair the OS I get to it copying, bam 100% and then i get that BsoD again.... I feel I'm out of choices and I may need a store tech's help. Any help would be appreciated.

~~current computer with the problem~~
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core
-Corsair HX520 CMPSU-520HX 520w
-Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120
-EVGA Nforce 680I SLI LGA775 Conroe ATX DDR2
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer
-Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 240PIN
-EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GT Superclocked 650MHZ 512MB DDR3 PCI-E
-Microsoft Windows XP Professional OEM
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5IN 500GB
-samsung dvd/cd burner

To add to Mak213's ram suggestion, a lot of time when ram goes bad it can cause bad data to be written to the harddrive. That could be what happened with your windows install. After you get the issue resolved you can do a repair install of windows to fix it most likely and you wont loose any data.

Payne no problem on the link. I have it bookmarked for such reasons. ;)

Network is right. But if it turns out to be the RAM most times you can just replace it as well and solve the issues without a repair install. There have been a few cases where a reinstall was needed. But minor numbers.

It could be a driver related issue. Have you gotten all drivers up to date including chipset drivers?

Alright just got back, its on 10cycles no errors so I think it's safe to say that the ram isn't the problem, as for the drivers Mak, the computer was bre-built and drivers were installed by somebody else I had no word in the matter, wish I did now though (computer in my sig. is all done myself). I cant really say if it were a specific driver as I cant get on to check my log. Any other idea's on how I can get my OS to work again? thanks so far, been really helpful, I've been able to hold off bringing it into the shop so far for repairs! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom