Memory upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubapro69

Beta member
I have a pentium4 2.4ghz, 512mb ddr ram, Nvidia mx420 grafix card and Ive been running WOW. The game has some slowdown,(more than is bearable). My question is should I upgrade to 1G of ram?, would this help? My current ram is 266mhz. My buddy says that I should just let him build me one for $400,but I can buy 1G for $41. Another friend has a pentium4 at 1.8mhz with 1G of ram running onboard video and he says his runs fine. Please help

you probably would want to look into getting a new gfx card, as that is your weak point in the system. Also upgrading to 1gb of ram would be a solid upgrade. another thing you might want to look into is a whole new computer. you're current rig is a bit dated, and for around 500-600 bucks you could get a solid rig that would perform most current games on playable settings for a long while.

also, welcome to TF, enjoy your stay :D

thank you, but do u think that just memory will make any difference? i think if im going to buy a grafx card i might as well buy the whole thing?

it depends on what else you use your system for. If all you do is simple things and WOW then a gfx card upgrade might not be a bad idea. If you have an AGP slot then a gfx card upgrade would be relatively in-expensive and worth while if you don't have higher gaming aspirations for that rig. and if you want a whole new rig we can make some good suggestions on that matter as well!

Going to a gig will definitely help, as would a new GFX card. Just make sure not to buy more card than your PSU will power.

$400 can build a low-end gaming comp. We will be happy to help you put something together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom