780i recomendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, i can hit 4.0 with my 680i chipset. Do a search for it on the hardforums, even the nvidia chipset haters are liking the 750i FTW. It's going to be my next board whenever i get all my financial issues sorted out due to shifting jobs.

Don't buy the P5N-T, it has had a lot of well documented issues as seen on the ASUS froums. In fact they were so bad, Newegg stopped selling it.

Check out the MSI board or go reference... /gags
Yes, They had an extremely cheap open box deal on newegg (for a 780i) and I was about to jump on it, but in the end I just went for an intel chipset as I had no need for sli and aspire warned me off.

The 750i overclocks like a champ and is 16x/16x. The only thing it is missing is the third pci-e slot and a few sata ports. Read up on it. ITs not a reference board like 90% of the 780i's.

Make sure you say Evga 750i FTW. The other 750i's are 16x/8x and I don't remember good things about them.
if its a 16x16, il get it then, itl be nice to save some cash i suppose. thing is will it out oc my x38
It is 16x/16x.
[Fr3ak] EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW review - XtremeSystems Forums
He shows it OC's pretty well.

Heck, i can hit 4.0 with my 680i chipset. Do a search for it on the hardforums, even the nvidia chipset haters are liking the 750i FTW. It's going to be my next board whenever i get all my financial issues sorted out due to shifting jobs.
I almost bought the 750i FTW. Only reason I didn't was because I did not need sli. All the reviews i read for it scream that its a really really good mobo. Evga did a good job, and it doesn't seem to have any of the issues that are present on there other boards. And no dead on arrivals :D My worst nightmare come to reality -_- (to veedub twice)

Nah, my 680i wasnt DOA. It lasted 6 weeks before taking a dump. This 2nd board has held up well. Runs pretty cool too.

shoulda just suck with your board and a 9800gx2... i'm in love with it

but my board didnt like my old crucials, also i didnt have 500$ to buy a 9800gx2, plus a new set of ram. this way im getting a 8800gts for free getting rid of my board and getting a 750iftw for 180$ with more ram to aswell. also il be trying to get another 8800gts used depending on how good the gt200's are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom