e8400 safe voltages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting temps other than 47C now! I was running orthos (and realtemp) and stopped it, noticed my cpu temp went down into the 30s in RealTemp.

Running stock for now (but looking for something better) ...My temps seem to be stuck, idle at 47C... but then I turn on orthos and realtemp and let it get really hot, turn orthos off and I'll idle in the 30s.. Interesting indeed.

Heres the link to the TX2.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RR-CCH-L9U1-GP 92mm Hyper TX2 CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
I bought it because of this review.
CPU Cooler Charts 2008, Part 2 : The Whole Range - From Bargain Bin Part To Water Cooler - Tom's Hardware
I know theres better out there, but I got it because of value. Almost got the Zerotherm Nirvana, but then I read this review. I always regard Toms Hardware as spot on. The TX2 comes with pre-applied thermal paste which makes it easier, Only thing is make sure you pull the plastic hood and fan off (it takes a bit of force to slide off but just be careful) before you mount it.

Hmm, I want a cooler that will allow me to stay at 4Ghz-4.2Ghz daily without hitting 70C on load.. or is that asking too much? This cooler looks pretty good, I like the price tag, and the reviews on newegg are positive.

**Edit**
Comment from newegg... 'Works Great!! Keeps my E8400 @ 4ghz around 55-60c while playing my games.' Woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom