HELP! Loading command prompt when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

arky89

Beta member
Hi guys,
Sorry if this sounds really obvious, but i'm trying to boot command prompt when my computer boots because vista does not load (winload.exe missing/corrupt) this has happened after i installed linux and resized partitions. I have found the solution to the winload.exe problem but it needs me to go into command prompt. I have a sony vaio FZ series if that helps at all..

thanks

There is no more command prompt boots. That F8 will give you Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Normal or last know good config.

So unless you can get into Safe Mode you wont get anywhere.

There is no more command prompt boots. That F8 will give you Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Normal or last know good config.

So unless you can get into Safe Mode you wont get anywhere.

Not so true. If you boot from a Windows XP CD, when it stops for the first time, asking what to do, you can press "Repair" and it enters in a command line. I don't know if you can access a floppy or any other peripheral, but there you have a pure command line and you can access the disk.

That is not Repair. That is the Recovery Console and is not a command line. That has specific commands which are not at all related to the Command Console. Yes i am correct. The recovery console serves a totally different purpose than then command line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom