e8400 safe voltages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have many problems with the temp on my E8400. Bios says about 10c higher than reall temp, core temp will not go below 41c... it is so messed up! I use ASUS Probe II because it is the closest to my BIOS, and shows the highest temps (about 40c idle) so I go with the highest one to be safe, though when my cpu gets to 48c, the Arctic freezer 7 pro is still cold-cool to the touch... I dont get it :/

Alright, its official. RealTemp is a liar, regardless of what everybody says about it working with e8400's, It was 95F the other day and my idle temp was 47.C.. Its like 50F outside (my window is wide open) and its somehow still idle at 47C, stock voltages. I think not.

Alright, its official. RealTemp is a liar, regardless of what everybody says about it working with e8400's, It was 95F the other day and my idle temp was 47.C.. Its like 50F outside (my window is wide open) and its somehow still idle at 47C, stock voltages. I think not.

RealTemp is not a liar. It just doesn't work right out of the box. You have to calibrate it for your particular processor as is described on it's web site:
Real Temp - Documentation

Ive been running my e8400 (I have the MoBo set up as LeftEyeBlind) at3.6 for awhile now and at stock voltage. I originaly overvolted to 1.285v but I got errors in prime 95 after about an hour so I bumped it to 1.3v and the same thing happened. So I put it back to stock votage and its ran for aver 12 hours with no errors. I also have the same thing with the temp software, none of them agreewith each ather or the Bios. I just go with the higher temp to be on the safe side.
at an idle

after five min on occt

Really happy with my 900 and the CoolerMaster TX2 cpu cooler. I just ordered a fan controller and four new Late Loons from Petras so I can kick up the air when it gets warmer outside

OTHG_ChefTreb It looks like you have working temps, Do you get the same temps with RealTemp 2.5? I thought anything before 2.5 wasn't supposed to work with the e8400.

Curious as to if you have the same voltage problems I do, CPUZ will show a much lower voltage than what I set up the bios.

A far as I know, E8400 has TjMax = 105C. RealTemp by default assumes 95, so if you guys change it in the RealTemp's .ini file you'll get correct temps. That is at load, to get correct idle temps you must callibrate it further as described in documentation.

Ive read the documentation on that, didnt go through the calibration process though. I figure that its close enough to count especially on load so I just left it. LeftEye, Thanks for the uodate on RealTemp, didnt know I wasnt running the latest version. It still reads the same, 25c idle and 39c at load. Its cool and rainy here today so that helps. the voltages are pretty close. In Bios vcore says 1.10000v, set to normal. I have all the votages set to normal with the system voltage control set to manual. It is flashing "system voltages not optimal" though, but Ive read that doesnt mean anything and dont worry. In CPUZ it says 1.056 to 1.088 at idle and jumps to 1.152 when I load OCCT.
Always cool to run into people with the exact same setup. I found a post over at GURU forums, all with the same MoBo and CPU combo talking about OCing. id give the link but Guru is down right now I guess.

INTEL Core2 Duo e8400 Gigabyte PA-P35-DS3L
EVGA 8800GTS (G92) Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 800
Cooler Master TX2 SeaGate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Antec 900 case OCZ StealthXStream 600W

on order Sythe Kase Master fan controller and 4 Yate Loons fans w/blue led

Woot, I'd love the link... For some reason I have to have atleast 1.25V to get 3.6Ghz, which most people say is doable on stock.. My voltages are set to 1.35 (running at 3.66Ghz) but CPUZ says 1.312. Ack.

I'm going to try reseating my CPU to see if that helps my temps, maybe I'm completely wrong and they are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom