Need some input on Vcore settings_not overclocking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refwhett

Beta member
Hi. I am running a Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz Model Number : 630 Codename : Prescott on a Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard. The software that comes with the MB (PC probeII) shows a Vcore 1.25-1.3V but in the settting of the program it says that the nominal value should be 1.45-1.75.
Should I increase Vcore manually?

System: Pentium 4 3GHz, ASUS P5N-E SLI, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT, 4 x 1gig DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 (399 MHz) - [DDR2-800].

thx
Michael

i wouldn't trust that pc probe crap.

Check out what is says in the bios hardware monitor and also check out the voltage specs from Intel for your cpu and then we can work from there ;)

Thansk for the quick reply.
I did look in bios and it says the same.
I also tried to find the info on Intel and other places, but can't find any decent answer.

The machine is working ok (I guess), but every once in a while it seems to hang for a few seconds and when I boot into windows the icons on the desktop are initially without any image and then slowly they get their normal form. I remember reading somewhere that that can be caused by a bad PSU.

I don't know about the icon thing as just about every comp i've seen does it too once in a while.

You can try upping the vcore to see if it helps that but i don't think it will.

For upping the vcore just go into manual mode and Set vcore offset to +100, Be sure to add v core offset voltage to core voltage.

Example 1.35v +100 = 1.45v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom