780i recomendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
well im ordering a 780i mobo, anything recommended, how are the asus 780i boards, and will it oc better then my x38. im looking at this one by xfx
NCIX.com - Buy XFX Nforce 780I SLI LGA775 1333FSB ATX 3PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN 1394 Motherboard - MBN780ISH9 In Canada.
or this asus NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P5N-T Deluxe 780I SLI LGA775 ATX DDR2 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 1PCI GBLAN Motherboard - P5N-T Deluxe In Canada.

also does the xfx 780i take ide dvd drives, because i have 2, and one sata, itd be nice to be able to use my old drives again since the x38 chipset wont use ide, for optical drives.

i dont want 750i tho, i dont think itl oc as well as the 780is will, also i love asus theyve never been bad to me. im ordering from ncix btw. since im in canada.

Thats the 750i FTW, based on the 780i Chipset, without Tri-SLI and with a 16/8x interface instead of 16/16x

Don't buy the P5N-T, it has had a lot of well documented issues as seen on the ASUS froums. In fact they were so bad, Newegg stopped selling it.

Check out the MSI board or go reference... /gags

The 750i overclocks like a champ and is 16x/16x. The only thing it is missing is the third pci-e slot and a few sata ports. Read up on it. ITs not a reference board like 90% of the 780i's.

The 750i overclocks like a champ and is 16x/16x. The only thing it is missing is the third pci-e slot and a few sata ports. Read up on it. ITs not a reference board like 90% of the 780i's.

Actually considering there are two sellers of the reference boards eVGA and XFX and two sellers of non reference boards, MSI and ASUS it's more like 50%

if its a 16x16, il get it then, itl be nice to save some cash i suppose. thing is will it out oc my x38

Nothing will out overclock an intel chipset.

Actually considering there are two sellers of the reference boards eVGA and XFX and two sellers of non reference boards, MSI and ASUS it's more like 50%

Nothing will out overclock an intel chipset.

ya but ive been stuck at 3.7 alltho im thinking thats because of the bios it had. if i can get to 3.8 with the 750i ftw with a lapped q6600 and tuniq tower then il buy it seems intreaging.

EDIT: you know what il take a chance with the 750i ftw but if its bad il be mad vdubb lol. anyway itl go nice with a pair of 8800gts in sli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom