graphics card update

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
I have 200 bucks to spend on a new gfx card. I currently have a 8800gt512. Should i sell the gt, and using that money and the 200 get a 8800gtx, and then stepup when the 99 series comes out?

Or, is there a better part to upgrade in my system?
q6600
750i ftw
4 gigs of the old ballistix double sided
160-320-320-500-750-750gb harddrives (im good there)
8800gt 512
watercooling soon, but if i get a new card, id like to get that first so i can get a block for that card

Hmmmm.... Really the 8800GT is a great card and should provide everything you would need up until the next set of cards comes out. If you would like a better card, the only 2 I could suggest would be the 8800GTS 512mb or the 9800GTX 512mb. The 9800GTX is basically the same as the 8800GTS, but has higher clock and memory speeds which allow it to run much faster than the 8800GTS.

Of those two options, the 8800GTS will be cheaper and still be plenty of card for you up until the new ones are released.

shouldn ppl wait for bechmarks and how they do before buying ATI or NVIDIA cards? not buy them after they just came out and maybe the current cards will be cheaper after they are released

i was going to build my new desktop in may but after i heard new hardware is coming out ill probably build it after i move in august

only sucky part is if prices drop after the new cards come out. Might be harder for you to sell. Or if your like me you don't really care as long as you get some money towards a new card.

shouldn ppl wait for bechmarks and how they do before buying ATI or NVIDIA cards? not buy them after they just came out and maybe the current cards will be cheaper after they are released

i was going to build my new desktop in may but after i heard new hardware is coming out ill probably build it after i move in august

I was going to wait for benchmarks, comparing the 4870 X2 to the 9900 GX2 head to head.

But after hearing what the probable price for the 9900GX2 will be, I think I will buy a 4870 X2 as soon as I can type a credit card number in.

yeah I'm going to get a 4870 512mb gDDR5 because I'm pretty sure the bang/buck ratio will be darned good.

Nvidia will most likely be faster, but also extremely expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom