DELETE windows.old folder...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright but use at your own risk. I will not take any responsibility for this. If you come back asking on how to fix your PC after messing with this stuff i will just quote this and wish you good luck.

Open Computer. Click Organize>Folder Options. Under the View tab. Scroll down check the Show hidden files and folders. Scroll down 2 past that. There is a heading called Hide system protected files (Recommended). Uncheck that.

Go back to the root of the drive to find the boot folder.

Ever think that they might be hidden to prevent people from breaking their PC....

well not getting the boot folder ...
wat is the path
i mean is it in windows or system32 or system .. which one..
where to navigate...?
mine is windows xp

It is in the ROOT of the drive. Just like i said. Not in any folder. Not in any subfolder of a folder. It is just in the root.

Windows XP uses teh NTDETECT, NTLDR and boot.ini files. The boot folder is used with a multi boot system.

yeah got it ....
had unchecked someother option
but its just a 4 line file thats it...
is that long a boot file.....?

No. That is the right size. XP uses a simple boot loader. Vista does not. That is why Vista's bootloader can be used to boot many other things from Linux to OS X along with previous versions of Windows and even DOS.

That is why you can not use the XP bootloader (Also known as boot.ini) to boot Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom