TRUE 120 still the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
load_avg_chart.png

Looking at pictures between the TRUE and the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 it looks as if the TRUE has a copper plate (painted) touching the CPU and the XIGMATEK has Aluminum touching the CPU? I don't know if I am right about this but I would like to know...

It's got an aluminum base, but it uses direct touch heat pipe technology so the copper heat pipes directly touch the cpu and that is how it cools so well. And as the picture shows Xigmatek > Tuniq.

Here is what the Xigmatek base is like:
It has like 5-6 rows (can't remember exactly). 3 are the copper heat pipes, and 3 are the base of the cooler. They go every other one so it's aluminum, copper, aluminum, copper, etc.

The TRUE has a nickel plated copper base. Once you lap it, the copper is exposed and greatly increases the cooling. I really need to reseat mine though, my temps have been kinda craptacular lately due to it being moved around too many times without redoing the tim. Its been in and out of a case about 4 times now without being reseated.

The reason i dont like the xigmatech is the mounting pins. It uses the same stupid push pins like the stock cooler. Its way too big of a cooler to be mounted without a backplate if you ask me.

I heard that you can buy a Thermalright Bolt Thru Kit do mount Xigmatek with instead of those pushpins.

I wouldnt bother with anything with pushpins. I suspect these values for temperature are somewhat exaggerated because I have a TRUE on my E6400 and the thing still can get pretty warm at 3.4ghz.

These temps are not exaggerated. You may need a better thermal compound application, or to reseat it all together, but I have the Xigmatek and at 3.2GHz overclock to my Q6600 I never got over 43C on 100% load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom