Thermalright 120 or watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

sales101

Banned
Hey all, I just want to say thank you for all the great advice you give. A lot of you spend much time and energy on the site.

My question is I want to put a cpu cooler on and am not sure if I should go with fan cooling or just get into water cooling. I just built my first system and will be getting into overclocking. Bought the Zalman cnps9700, don't like what i see online so i'm taking it back (it's not that Bad).

I have no experience with either and have done a lot research and still not sure what way to go. I think I want to go water but scared.

Thank you

For a good H20 Cooling Solution you should pay atleast $250+ (thats the golden rule of it)

so since TRUE's are around $60+ an extra Fan, thats out of the question your budget allows for a good cooling solution

so get the TRUE out of those two options, however you should also consider the Xigmatek Rifle, which performs a lot like the TRUE but half the price...

Wait Aspire you're the genius on Water Cooling, was the Golden rule $200 or $250?

Thanks guys, Thinking I will step up and try my hand at water cooling. How bad can I mess it up.

Where most people who turn 40 go out and buy a bike i decided to build computer for some games (fallout and a few others) I have a q6600 and will be stepping it up when Intel drops it's prices. My budget is not about money but more about quality, just don't kill me. looking at the D-Tek Fuzion V2 CPU Waterblock, waiting on the reviews for the quads.

Will go back through the threads and see what I can find.

How much are your willing to spend?

What parts do you want cooled? (GFX, CPU... etc)

What case do you currently have?

Once you answer these questions I'd be happy to direct you to the proper parts to buy.

Thanks, well it looks like I may flood my first computer. I don't care about price just want to to a quality build. This may be a problem I plan on changing some of the parts. CPU and Graphics card and motherboard (SLI) Not sure what they will be yet.

I have a p182 case
Gigabyte ep35-ds4
Q6600
EVGA 8800gt
PSU: 850W TruePower Quattro

Want to cool all parts I can. This will be a learning session for me so why not just dive right in.

Thanks

How bad can I mess it up.

Well.

Make sure you look at a guide or ask for some help here, i haven't personally setup watercooling but it looks fiddly.

Oh and if you still LAN then i wouldn't get watercooling. Heavy :grind_teeth:

Redmo0n I don't do Lan cause I have no friends and I know this wont be easy....figure if I can flood a basement then why not a computer:eek:

Aspire, thanks for your help...will post what I decide and have you ax whats not good. maybe I should just go with this.

Petra's Tech Shop

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom