8800gts G92 SLI power question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I still get some close performance with a 5000+ BE overclocked to 3.2Ghz? Also, If i get the 5000+ BE I'm planning on getting another gig or 2 of ram since it would be cheaper.

What are the rules of thumb with memory? Right now I have 2 slots filled with corsair XMS2 1gs. Should i get another 1g XMS2 or 2 512's. I'm pretty sure there is 4 slots on my board... lol

Would I still get some close performance with a 5000+ BE overclocked to 3.2Ghz? Also, If i get the 5000+ BE I'm planning on getting another gig or 2 of ram since it would be cheaper.
There might be a few areas where more cache can help (mainly things like video encoding, maybe winRAR), but mostly you won't notice.

What are the rules of thumb with memory? Right now I have 2 slots filled with corsair XMS2 1gs. Should i get another 1g XMS2 or 2 512's. I'm pretty sure there is 4 slots on my board... lol
get sticks in pairs
run with either 2 sticks, or 4 sticks

and stick with the same capacity for all modules

oh okay thank you. So do you think I should go with the 5000+ BE and OC it to 3.2ghz. Basically the same performance for half the price.
Would I see performance increase worth the money from what i currently have?

There might be a few areas where more cache can help (mainly things like video encoding, maybe winRAR), but mostly you won't notice.

get sticks in pairs
run with either 2 sticks, or 4 sticks

and stick with the same capacity for all modules

mine is set as so:

i agree with u but also, my CPU maybe holding back the rest of my GPU's performance. When i went from 3.0GHz to 3.33GHz, i got a huge jump in overall performance n a chunk of performance in gaming, like 10 fps more.

FSB: 215
Multiplier: 15.5
Vcore: 1.39-1.40
RAM: 860 4-4-4-12-24 2T

= 3.332GHz!!

Temps are in sig because it ranges according to my LED panel in my case, has temp sensors.

oh nice, well i just ordered that 5000+ BE (which I'm going to OC to 3.2ghz) and another gig of ram. So I will have 3 gigs.

I'll be making a jump from 2.7 to 3.2ghz

Now how should I go about overclocking the thing to 3.2Ghz??
Are there any programs, or do I do it somewhere in the BIOS

mine is set as so:

i agree with u but also, my CPU maybe holding back the rest of my GPU's performance. When i went from 3.0GHz to 3.33GHz, i got a huge jump in overall performance n a chunk of performance in gaming, like 10 fps more.

FSB: 215
Multiplier: 15.5
Vcore: 1.39-1.40
RAM: 860 4-4-4-12-24 2T

= 3.332GHz!!

Temps are in sig because it ranges according to my LED panel in my case, has temp sensors.

i will like to know what is the highest u have ever gone with that cpu cz interested in getting a cheap unlocked multiplier cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom