So, how is this supposed to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont be doing that.. i was just wondering if I will run into any compatibility issues..

Example: Vista not liking the slowness of one gpu. Or just not working at all with Vista.
But no worries, if vista doesnt work, i got xp and ubuntu laying around :D

I think i read somewhere its best to have different branded cards. Like an NVIDIA for your main and an ATI PCI just incase some drivers conflict. That right?

^it's posible that having two nvidea drivers for different cards might mess things up a bit. I never even thought about that. I would get an ATI card just to be on the dafe side.

Yeah i read that they do conflict. Id say just buy a cheap ATI card, and if you do go with the ATI card it its not any substantial amount of money to buy a different PCI card, and it could be that the two cards work together anyway.

But doesnt Crossfire have the ability for multiple monitors??? I thought it was just SLI.

Yeah i read that they do conflict. Id say just buy a cheap ATI card, and if you do go with the ATI card it its not any substantial amount of money to buy a different PCI card, and it could be that the two cards work together anyway.

But doesnt Crossfire have the ability for multiple monitors??? I thought it was just SLI.

Nope its the other way around, crossfire will allow you to have multiple screens. SLi doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom