so just HOW good are the new video cards going to be ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that's the sensible thing to do but she said she really wanted a new card XD This way she can do both. Though it'll end up costing more in the long run.

She?

I'm gonna feel really guilty if both the nvidia and ati cards blow chunks. I've told a lot of people to wait lol. I told 2 in real life to hold off on there builds just a little longer.

oh i guess if i read it alex, and not alexsa. XD my bad. haha

June 16-20th is the supposed timeframe.

And if these specs mean anything at all theres no reason for the cards not to perform great.

GeForce GTX 280:

512-Bit
1GB GDDR3
240 Stream Processors
PhysX Ready
CUDA Technology
PureVideo HD technology
Full MS DirectX 10 Support
Open GL 2.1, SLI, PCIe 2.0 Support
2nd gen. Unified architecture delivers 50% more gaming performance over 1st gen. through 240 shader processors

GeForce GTX 260:
448-Bit
896MB GDDR3
192 Stream Processors
PhysX Ready
CUDA Technology
PureVideo HD technology
Full MS DirectX 10 Support
Open GL 2.1, SLI, PCIe 2.0 Support

source:
DH Özel: GeForce GTX 200 serisinin kesinleþen teknik özellikleri

If that doesnt perform like toted, then we won't see a decent advance in graphics cards for a long time >.> in which case i'll sell the gx2, sli a pair of 9800gtx's and give up following new crap for the next couple years.

Noone really knows how 'good' hey are supposed to be. we're all waiting. Rumor is it that they're going to rock. I bought a new EVGA card so I could step up, and as long as the new one's are better I will, if they aren't then I still have a really good card. XD

what exactly is stepping up?

you buy any EVGA graphics card and within 90 days you can upgrade to another one without loosing any money.

good idea in theory... but EVGA costs like $50 more than other brands... so is it really worth it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom